Sunday, September 27, 2009

When You Gonna Flower?

I'm having a bit of concert regret. All my friends went to see Marilyn Manson last night and Hawksley Workman tonight and I've been a money stickler and held out on both. The rave reviews that are coming my way are certainly making me wish I had changed my mind though. There is something to be said about the magic of live music, although it also can have the polarizing effect of being horribly disappointing.

Instead, I'm sitting at home debating watching a movie. Waiting eagerly for my first paycheck to arrive, as it has been a LONG LONG time since I've had one in my hands, even if it is underwhelming at best. The joys of making minimum wage when paying off years worth of student debt.

Jon is sassing me with his psuedo-intelligent comments and I'm mocking him. I love our relationship. It's peachy. Someday we'll be able to afford a house (if I ever start to make actual money-money). Then I'm going to get a Boxer and have a vegetable garden. Yes. Plans being made.

I see Fallout 3 so much on our TV that I'm starting to feel as though I live in the Capital Wastelands. It almost makes me want to go blow up super mutants and pick through their corpses for valuables.

One of these days I'll get my head on straight and start spending less of my time on the Internet. At least I don't have cable or I'd never get anything done. I'm going to start creating binders of inspiration for various topics: recipes, interior decorating, clothing styles, and crafts. I'm looking forward to it. As for now, I think I'll go have a cup of tea and try to be thankful for all the things I do have instead of all the things I don't like --> an awesome boyfriend, an apartment (even if it has orange carpets), and 'a hot body' according to the man on the couch haha.


No comments: