Thursday, June 18, 2009

CURRY!!

Is there any better food than curry as a Celiac chick?

It's the most flavorful thing I've managed to tackle in my culinary endeavors. Some fresh (or frozen!) veggies, chicken or shrimp, rice, some curry paste, and sour cream or fresh yogurt make the healthiest and best tasting dinner.

Plus, it doesn't take a whole lot of effort - always something to keep in mind when your energy levels are at approximately negative 10 on any given day.

I was diagnosed with Celiac disease at the ripe old age of 16 and I've been searching for ways to make the few foods I had left to eat as delicious as possible. It's been a challenge for sure...the first few years there weren't very many options. However, more and more individuals are being diagnosed as the years go by and the food products become increasingly exciting.

Add in the fact that I have to keep my diet in check to try and keep my other multitude of symptoms under control, and one can see why healthy living has become one of the centers of my existence.

Now I'm going to go rest for an hour before I tackle the next major task of my scarce energy supply - the dishes! :)

xoxo
Annie

No comments: