Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Win This Round...

So I'm having a moment of pride on this beautiful Thursday morning...

I just finished having my graduation pictures taken for my Executive Office Assistant program at college. It's been a long, hard battle and even though I don't have the diploma currently in my hand, I know it's on its way. This has been my third try to get this last class done due to an ongoing medical flare-up and I was getting hopeless. I have one day left. One day!!! It's hard to imagine I've finally reached the end of this road.

Soon I get to attempt to go back out into the work force. I've never managed to hold a job down for longer than three months at a time so I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm going to attempt to just do 20 hour weeks in an attempt to treat myself better. In fact, I'm quite positive that I'm going to do an entire overhaul on my ways of life in order to make sure I can be the best I can. I'm lucky to have loving parents and a wonderful boyfriend who help support me whenever I'm having trouble making ends meet. I can't imagine what it must be like for individuals with chronic illnesses who have no support system.

So now I have a Bachelor of Professional Arts in Communication Studies and an Executive Office Assistant Diploma!! Not bad for a girl who is sick all the time. Now just to figure out something in terms of a job where I can use all this education. :)

No comments: