Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Picking Up The Pieces...


I've decided that I'm going to give up drinking altogether. I'll make an exception for an occasional glass of wine if it is a special occasion, but in general - no more alcohol. There are far better ways to spend my time and money (aka my growing Amazon want list and our desperate need for some better gadgets around the apartment). I don't need to be paying for a brief period of fun, followed by a prolonged period of feeling poisoned. I get that for free anyways with this gifted body of mine.

I *MIGHT* be getting an OJT within the next few days. It will be good for me to get out of the apartment for half-days again, even though I don't entirely feel up to it. Cymbalta withdrawal has been pretty hard on me so far. The nodular acne that is attacking my face isn't doing me any good either. I keep having to tell myself --- MAINTAIN SELF-CONFIDENCE. YOU ARE STILL ATTRACTIVE AND GENERALLY USEFUL TO SOCIETY DESPITE THESE TEMPORARY SETBACKS. Go basic affirmations. I used to think they were absolute bullshit but the more I try them in times of need the more useful they turn out to be.

Plans for today:
1) Watching the rest of Weeds Season 3 (This is one of the beauties of being stuck sick at home - you get to catch up on your favorite TV shows!)
2) Eagerly awaiting confirmation email for work.
3) Making a big meal of chicken korma later for the man of the house as I couldn't be bothered to do it yesterday.

Sadly, that about sums it up. I always thought Christine Miserandino's "The Spoon Theory" was right on the money. It is all about budgeting those tiny glimpses of energy. Linkage = http://butyoudontlooksick.com/the_spoon_theory/

That's all for now until I feel the need to have a massive rant I suppose,

xoxo
Annie

No comments: