Friday, November 20, 2009

NEED SLEEP...TURNING INTO ZOMBIE CREATURE

I'm back to having an illness flare.

Sadly, I often wonder if I am, in fact, insane. I seem to cycle through a variety of symptoms for a month at a time, before switching to another set which seems entirely unrelated. Frustrating. The last two weeks I've been having some severe insomnia...going through five nights running on less than three hours of sleep. This as a result, brings the pain in my body to a maximum, and makes me an angry, babbling loon. Not my finest hours, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I often wonder if anything can help.

I've tried:

a) taking a bath and reading before bed
b) a wide variety of sleep drugs
c) a similar schedule
d) avoiding napping
e) no caffeine after 2 p.m.
f) no alcohol
g) a dark room

I can't even blame it on having a permanent bed partner, as I used to have this problem longggggggggggggg before he ever even came into my life.

It is certainly doing nothing good for keeping my immune system up.

Some insomnia webcomics for amusement value:


Anyway, wish me luck! My heart goes out to everyone with this all too common problem!

xoxo,
Annie



1 comment:

Ash said...

i know how you feel. it sucks eh? i love the comics thanks :)