Monday, November 30, 2009

What Is Fun?

Monumental, soul-crushing, epic amounts of tiredness in my body.

Blargh. Headaches, nausea...I think I might need to start pumping the sleeping pills in my veins.

Anyways, that's my level of thought for that issue.

I always wonder what it is that people find fun. Everyone has a different perspective on what is enjoyable, and {surprise, surprise!} I'm no different.

THINGS I FIND FUN:

1. Collecting books. I'm developing quite a line-up, and now we have a great bookcase to display them! I don't know why, but there is nothing I find more calming than walking into a bookstore and running my fingers along the pages of various books.
2. Blogging/reading other blogs. I'm a compulsive list-maker (and I'm sure this comes as a surprise...) - and find that there is more interesting content on the Internet than in most publications. The Internet provides the highest levels of entertainment/inspiration in my daily life. Without it...I would probably cry a lot, and spend an unreasonable amount of time on idea numero uno.
3. Going out for dinner! Especially if it is a restaurant I have never been to before. It's an adventure with food. What could be better than that?
4. Playing Bejeweled 2 while listening to dance music. I just zone out, match colors, and bop my head around. Easily the best way to get rid of stress (which doesn't involve exercising haha).
5. Driving around in my car with CDs cranked, the subwoofer going, and singing at the top of my lungs.
6. ANY silly banter with the significant other. I don't think there is anyone in the world I find even remotely as funny.
7. Making crafts. I LOVE seeing things come together. The thrill of being able to see something that you accomplished all on your own makes life vastly more tolerable (even borderline enjoyable :P).
8. Thrifting. I love wandering into Value Village (or one of the several other thrift stores), and perusing all their stock until I find things that are farrrrr more valuable than the prices stamped on them. Something about discovering a great deal just gets the adrenaline going.

That is all my underwhelming brain is coming up with at the moment. Hope everyone has a fantastically fun Monday!!

xoxo,
Annie

No comments: