Sunday, October 11, 2009

Attack of the Killer Allergies

I'm pretty depressed today.

I'm not going to lie. My allergies are absolutely impossible to live with. If I don't take allergy meds about every 6 hours I can't breathe, I sneeze ALL the time, my eyes are watery and runny, and my mouth itches. I always had allergies before, but this flare has been constant for about a 6 month period of time. Doesn't matter what place I'm at, how clean it is, whether or not there are pets...it's always the same reaction.

In addition, I'm at home for Thanksgiving dinner and I can't sleep at currently 4 a.m. Without those much needed sleeping hours, I'm

a) a zombie
b) cranky as all miserable hell
c) more likely to have illness effects (sore stomach, headache, widespread pain...)
d) TOO NAUSEOUS TO KEEP DOWN FOOD!!

The last one is what kills me. I LOVE turkey dinner. I will probably still stuff my face even if I'm too tired to chew, or if it all ends up being vomited in less than joyful bliss.

In addition, my job is killer boring...add in the amount of health problems and I damn near quit on the spot during an 8 hour shift by myself yesterday.

I would love to be able to get away from it all with sleeping. It is really the best escape possible, and one of the least attainable. Oh well, only about 4 more hours until someone else rises to join me in taking part of the world.

Sadness all around.

xoxo,
Annie

No comments: