Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Guilty Pleasures



I am madly in love with this person's kitchen/organizational skills. Lately I've been on a HUGE home decor kick, and inspiration can be found all over the Internet. Not that that's stopped me from buying piles of magazines. They are easily number one on my list of guilty pleasures.

That makes me want to write down some guilty pleasures.

Lets see...

2) STARBUCKS! Ever since they opened up a Starbucks on University Ave., I've tried to be one of their most loyal customers. I'm aware that it is over-priced and pretentious but I just can't turn down a pumpkin spice latte or an espresso chocolate truffle. While in that environment, I have managed to convince myself that I am no longer stuck on this little island. It's a nice feeling. I'll also give a little shout-out to my love of San Pellegrino, which is prominently displayed in the image above.

3) Red lipstick. No matter how sick or tired I am, I always feel a little bit more confident, strong, and sexy if I swipe on some red lipstick. Sometimes I'll put it on even if I don't have any desire to leave the house, purely for the boost it gives me when walking by a mirror.

4) Mad Men and it's wonderful 60s fashion. I'm a latecomer to this series, but I've fallen madly in love. I wish I could wear those kinds of outfits everyday, and I watch it to scour out the beautiful little details even more than to take in the storyline.

5) Perfume. Now this will be a weird one, as for two years now...I have no sense of smell. This is actually one of my least favorite results of being ill, as it takes away so much beauty and lessens my taste of food substantially. By spraying on perfume, (always a kind I've put research into to know that it smells reasonably good), I feel as though I'm taking part in something of which I've been robbed.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Today is sadly a confined to the bed day. I've managed to get zero sleep in about 35 hours and counting and it's doing horrible things to my body (and my mind, as I couldn't even figure out I had to put my foot on the brake before I could get the car out of park...). I have a job interview this afternoon for a car dealership (wooo! I know.) I'm just hoping that a) if I did get it I would be healthy enough to do it, and b) that it pays more than minimum wage.

I got a shout out by email from an old friend on the opposite side of the world today, saying that she and her friend (another chronic illness sufferer!) liked this blog. It was really appreciated, as I often wonder if I am the only one that reads it. It's a great compliment coming from her, as I've never read anything of hers that wasn't captivating, witty, and well-composed. It made my day :).

Now I will continue to lay and shop on Etsy.

Much love,
Annie


No comments: