Saturday, October 24, 2009

Running Out of Ideas

I feel like I might die.

Well maybe not die. But certainly be miserable for a good long time if nothing comes around. I need many hours in bed, some pills, and ice on my eyes.

No matter where I am: at home, at work, in my car - I'm constantly having allergy attacks. No one can really see it though...my eyes water and burn and my nose sounds stuffy...but I have no super visible symptoms.

This has been going on without any breaks, despite taking large amounts of reactine, benadryl, and zantac for eight months now.

My mother wants me to go see my family doctor but I refuse as we have a less than stellar working relationship. She believes I'm a hypochondriac, and thinks I just need to learn to live with my problems. As a result, it makes it difficult for me to go to her about something like allergies, even if they are severe and debilitating.

Even if I did get a referral to see someone else, it would be at least a year down the road due to the beauty of Canadian health care. Still better than no health care at all I suppose. This would be a good idea if these allergies are going to continue for the rest of my life - although I can hardly imagine living this way. It's like I'm allergic to every possible substance known to man.

I'm sure it's got to be something related to autoimmune disorders. I had chronic urticaria and angiodema twice now, for approximately year long stretches. This time I have no hives, but every other allergy side effect is in full swing on an unreasonable level.

I tried to brush it off as the weather - but we've now gone through 3 full seasons.
I tried to say it was dust, and that I had to clean more - nothing helped.
I thought it might have been the carpet so we ripped up the carpet for click wood flooring - still getting worse.

I am getting to my wit's end.

How do people deal with allergies in a productive way? This morning I just screamed in the car until I could scream no more.

Off to the drug mart, I go again.

No comments: