- Putting up walls around myself. I've done it for years, and I do not need to anymore. I'm confident enough in my own (slightly evil) body, and I want to get closer to those who are important to me. Especially my family. I feel less ashamed of my illnesses every day, and I hope I will be able to continue this journey. Now I want to know about everyone else :).
- Spending too much time laying still. I actually feel better when I take a meditation position, or do some stretching. Now that I have a great mat and space for it, I have no excuse. Who knows, maybe it will magically bring me to the point that I could have a part-time job (dream!).
- Not making meals. Jon has even offered to play one night on, one night off in terms of household cooking. It's not that hard. Just because I don't have an appetite doesn't mean I shouldn't try to put the best nutrition into my body (and my boyfriend's).
- Too much of the news. It's depressing. It's unnecessary unless at a dinner party. I have better uses of my emotional energy.
- Feeling guilty about my emotions. My emotions are as real and as fair as any other person's. I have to stop dismissing them as crazy or over-reactive. Everyone has a different perception of the world, and mine is not wrong in any way.
- Hunched shoulders and clenched hands - this is my natural state of being and it is extremely unhealthy. I don't know how to relax. It is my goal of 2011 to be mindful, and to notice when this is happening so I can put my shoulders down and open up my hands.
- Cleaning my side room which is all full of storage after getting our washer and dryer. That space is important for crafting, and I need to clear it out. The year 2011 does not want a room too messy to even use.
- I don't need to pretend that my doctors know more about my condition than I know. I'm hugely well-educated in my issues, and I don't need doctors who don't believe in Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS shaking my confidence. I will be polite obviously, but I don't need to internalize the pain.
- Drama. I'm SO OVER drama.
- Letting the moods of other people affect mine. This is a natural process, but I need to learn to the fact that people can be upset without it having anything to do with me.
- Lessen some of my medication. I don't know if this will happen, but I sure want to try.
What do you want to drop for the New Year? What are your bad habits? Do any of these ring a bell?