Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Me Intimidated?? Never...

Daily household chores and I are starting to get angry at each other.

I don't know why dishes have to look on so ominously.  They actually manage to psych me out before I even fill the sink with soapy water.

I fell asleep on the couch last night, thinking I would wake up in a minute and make my way to bed, but alas, that never happened.  I must have needed to be unconscious in a place where I wake up with 480 different muscle kinks.

I sound like I'm so cheery!  Once I get the ambition to load my camera on here, I'll have daily life pictures for your amusement :).


(Images from WeHeartIt)

I'm supposed to go to a concert tonight.  Hawksley Workman, who I love so much.  And yet, I cannot get excited no matter what I do.  I simply fear getting stuck sick in a place where it is not easy to remove myself.  Bleh.

Hope everyone is having a marvelous sunny day!!

xoxo,
Annie
 

8 comments:

Sue Jackson said...

I'm with you today. I rarely leave dishes undone, but this morning's are still sitting in the sink. I feel awful today and went back to bed after the kids got off to school. I just can't seem to find the energy to empty the dishwasher.

I haven't braved a concert since getting CFS. The trouble is that everyone stands at concerts now (at least the big ones) and I could never do that. I hope you feel well enough to enjoy yours tonight!!

Sue

Shelli said...

Housework, housework, the bane of my existence. I'm blessed to have six kids who mess it up but also help clean it up. My main goal is to do a load of laundry every day. Everything beyond that is bonus.

My husband and I were just reminiscing about some of our favorite concerts. Alas, I don't go anymore, either. But, we have a few teenagers that love to go with their dad, so it all works out.

Hope you're up to it! It would be a nice break after all you've been through lately.

Toni said...

Hi Annie,

I hope you're able to go to the concert, but I totally relate to that fear of getting stuck in a place you can't leave. I'm not able to go out at night, but if I could, I'd want to know if the place has plenty of places to sit. (Whenever I go into a room, I always scan it immediately to see where I can sit!)

P.S. I love your Marshall McLuhan quote. I'm printing that one out!

Annie said...

Mmmm, I thankfully know it's a small venue and that there is seating - but I'm going to be at the very back with a close exit nearby. I honestly have no idea if it will work out but I figure I might as well try, as I'm going to be in pain no matter where I end up this evening.

Bleh.

Thanks for the well wishes - you are all amazing!!

Anonymous said...

We use a lot of paper plate, I know it's not good for the enviroment but when I am having a bad day Mother Nature is on her own.

A concert sound wonderful! I sure hope you can go...and enjoy yourself. We'll be waiting for a report.

xomo

Toni said...

Hey, Annie. I posted your little McLuhan quote as my Facebook status (with credit to you of course!). I've been loving it all day!

Alison said...

OMG I loved that chicken cartoon! I know how you feel about the dishes. They are my biggest obstacle, and all I have to do is load and unload them from the dishwasher! I hope the concert has comfy chairs for you :)

Dominique said...

I'm becoming more and more convinced that dishes and a maid go together. The unloading sucks the energy right out of me. Weird how that happens!

Hang in there girl!