Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pop Culture Wednesday

Okay.

Time to recap what I've been doing with my mass amounts of at home time.

I re-watched About a Boy today.

It is a really fantastic story (of course it's Nick Hornby, how could it not be??!), about a man who has never grown up.  In untraditional circumstances, Will ends up taking on a parental/best friend role to Marcus, a young boy facing a very tough situation after his mother has a suicide attempt.  I love it, love it, love it.  Highly recommended.

I also watched This Is It:
It sparked my love of Michael Jackson again for sure.  It was incredible to look at the inside process of such a brilliant artist.  It surprised me just how involved he was, especially when you hear of how many medications he was on at the time of his death.  I must say I eventually bored of the experience though.

I watched The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus:
This turned out to be pretty solid.  I was bored for the first hour of the movie, but it really turns around in the second half.  It's a bit heavy handed on the philosophy, but worth checking out if you are at all interested in seeing the last film of Heath Ledger.

I've also been watching a lot of America's Next Top Model, even though I'm pretty sure it rots my brain cells out.  I love personality drama, and that show has more than enough of it.

Has anyone seen anything interesting lately?!?!

xoxo,
Annie

4 comments:

Rosebud Beads said...

I am watching three shows right now with, Armand. Twin Peaks (would you believe I've never watched it?!), Mad Men, and Fullmetal Alchemist (we are geeks!!). All of these shows are pretty good. Although Mad Men is just starting (very slow, but gaining momentum) and Twin Peaks scares the crap out of me sometimes!

Anonymous said...

My current television obsession is Dancing with the Stars. I watch it with my sister and Mom and we make a night of it. I also love those shows about Hoarders. It amazes me how some people live. That's about it, I don't watch much TV but I always have it on for background noise.

steph said...

I heart ANTM.

I wish I could drink because I have an idea for a fabulous game wherein every time Tyra uses an accent, you drink. Two if it's offensive to an oppressed group of people.

I was sad when the wacky cult girl got cut.

Assiya said...

I've been going through the first season of Lie to Me. It's a little embarrassing how much of it I have seen in the last week and a half. I'm also in the middle of Children of a Lesser God, which I totally love so far.