Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pop Culture Wednesday

I have been watching mostly TV this week, curled up in bed with my laptop.  There have been a lot of ups and downs in my life this week for sure - but either way, there are a few shows that distract me enough to make life bearable.

Intervention:
I watch this show in marathons.  I never fail to be fascinated by addicts, probably as I have had a few issues of my own.  This show reminds me to be compassionate toward other addicts, as well as encourages me to try and stay away from my negative behaviors.  These types of shows help me remember that there are many people worse off than me in the world and that I should be reasonably grateful.  I always make a gamble as to who can stay sober come the end of show wrap-up though haha.

Sons of Anarchy:
A show about a tight-knit community motorcycle gang.  Not my typical show, but has compelling situations and soap-level drama.  It is Katey Sagal in the role that she was born to play.  May be a little violent for some, but I still recommend a check out.  Makes me wish I was more bad-ass :).

Gilmore Girls:
I grew up with these two girls on my TV screen.  I have such a warm and fuzzy spot in my heart for the first three seasons.  When Rory started dating Logan, the show fell apart a bit for me.  Either way, I have the first three seasons on DVD and they make wonderful background noise as I do my few little tasks of the day.  I figure anything that brings smiles is worthwhile :).

So my wonderful readers...do you have any suggestions of some television that makes you smile??!

xoxo,
Annie

6 comments:

Shelli said...

My daughter called me from college and said, "Mom, I'm watching Gilmore Girls! Remember?" We used to watch the show together all the time. (And now you know I'm old enough to be your mother, lol.) Still love it!

SR said...

i SO agree about the GG!! after she picked Logan over the adorable but slightly-awkward friend, the show went downhill. I'd catch it from time to time because my sister still watched it, but I can't say I enjoyed it much...

Bippidee said...

I love Gilmore Girls! At the moment it is being shown over here every weekday afternoon, starting from the first episode. We are somewhere towards the end of the first season now. I have seen some of the episodes before, but not all of them - I have seen more of the later ones.

Migrainista said...

I love comedies...The Daily Show, Colbert Report, SNL, South Park, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Worst Week, Arrested Development.

And I love me some LOST.

Anonymous said...

Mike (my boyfriend) loves Sons of Anarchy. I like it, too, but don't catch it as often as he does. I don't really watch a lot of TV unless I'm over his house. I do like Metalocalypse, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, South Park, Burn Notice, and I was in love with Dollhouse but that's over now. I love anything Joss Whedon. I also love Instant Star, even if it it's over and is for teenagers. I watch U.S. of Tara whenever I go to my friend's sister's house (because I don't have Showtime otherwise).

And that's about it!

Offbeat Follies said...

Gilmore Girls is a personal fave...
I also love to zone out on:
Northern Exposure
Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
Food Network Challenge
Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations (do you detect a theme here?)
The F Word
and too many more!