Monday, May 24, 2010

Things That Bug Me Mondays

  • The fact that this flare of illness seems to be longer and more painful than any prior in my life.  Gah.  That can't be a good sign.
  • I fail at ergonomics and have some carpal tunnel action going on in my wrists :(.  I've been trying to stay off of the laptop as a result, but it always pulls me back in...
  • Pain makes me grouchy.  I don't like to be grouchy.
  • I've been inside for so long now that it is getting pretty lonely...
  • I shouldn't complain about lovely weather, but heat takes so much more out of me than cold (although, I do look kind of good with the freckles from sun-bathing yesterday!).
  • Necklaces getting all tangled up and knotted while on my neck - one day I'm going to accidentally strangle myself.
  • The fact that there is a Coldstone Creamery now in Summerside but not in Charlottetown!  Soon...


(Images from WeHeartIt)

All in all, there have been lots of things to counteract the levels of pain and illness this week!  Yay!  Now, I just need to brace myself for the upcoming Dr. appointment...

Get it off your chest everyone!  What is bugging you this week???

xoxo,
Annie

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Mondays because I have to take my Mom to the hospital for her IV infusion of her heart medication. It takes 4 hours or so, and lately they have been having a rough time sticking her. It's hard on her physically and it is a VERY long day. They better have on the air conditioner is all I can say.
mo

SR said...

your bullets # 1, 3, 4, 5

also that my internet was misbehaving all weekend so i didn't get to skype my parents who i only manage to talk to on the weekends. chronic diseases are too hard without a strong support sytem. not cool, internet, not cool. >_<

VM said...

Totally unrelated to anything....but my Monday peeve is the people freaking out about lost like it really affects their lives. Its tv, its not real, get over itttttt!!!!!

But yay for you getting some sun! I always feel better when I have a little color!! :)

Have a fabulous week!

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'm just glad I never ever watched Lost! Oops, that's not a negative... I hate Monday mornings because they are Late Start Mondays at my girls' high school, and it interferes with my schedule! And also, as the weather gets hot here, I won't be able to go to my beloved Mission Trails Regional Park to walk on school Mondays! Not much of a gripe, especially since school is almost out for the summer, but I'd scare you if I really let loose with what bugs me!

Judy

Annie said...

I love that a lot of us have similar gripes - makes me feel less alone!

Also Judy, I'm sure you wouldn't scare me...I try to keep my gripes somewhat less depressing than what they actually are!

Toni said...

I always seem the last to post here, I guess it's because I'm in California. I'm with you on no's 1-5. The heat never used to bother me. Since getting sick, I can't tolerate sitting in the sun if it's above the low 70's. Makes it hard here in the Central Valley where we can have weeks with it over 100 degrees. Good thing we have air conditioning -- for years we didn't.

Re: your comment about the computer -- it hurts to use it but you can't stay away -- makes me think of something I realized a few years ago about this illness: the very things that bring us joy are now the very things that make our symptoms worse. It's the pits. (I hope that's not just a California expression)!

Anonymous said...

Damn, I'm so sorry this flareup is so bad! Hang in there. *hugs*

Offbeat Follies said...

wishy-washy friends and feeling overwhelmed, unfocused and uninspired.

Raven/Missy said...

Andrea, I am sorry to hear that this flare is so much worse than others before it. I hope it settles down soon. I hope your Dr appointment goes well.

What is (was) bothering me on Monday? Well, since I finally came out of severe depression I have been struggling with emotions that I have suppressed and denied for a long time. Mostly emotional hurt, anger, and confusion caused by the incident that increased the damage to my pelvis and back, and thus increased the pain.