Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pop Culture Wednesday

This is what I've been spending my free time with this week!

Kick Ass:


















I was skeptical about this movie.  At first it seemed almost corny, but come the second half - it really was kick ass!  I highly recommend as a fun way to pass the time.  Some may find a little girl with a killing vendetta a bit much, but I thought she was adorable :).

The Book of Eli:


















Also amazing - I liked this much better than a similar post-apocalyptic world found in The Road.  It was a bit biblically heavy, but the style and swagger of this movie more than made up for it.  Denzel Washington is one hell of an actor.

Candy:


















Abbie Cornish and Heath Ledger have amazing, out of this world chemistry in this film!!  It is a poetic love story turned gritty heroin hell.  I am a sucker for tragic drug tales - I'm not entirely sure why.  This movie is incredibly realistic, and does not make the drug use into a glamorous situation - which is always nice to see.  Also, I miss Heath Ledger and I've only seen Abbie Cornish in two films but she's been breathtaking in both.

How I Met Your Mother:















My favorite and the funniest sitcom I have ever seen.  Every single character on this show cracks me up to the point of being in tears.  There is nothing more healing than laughter.  I should really start incorporating more funny films and television shows into my life.

So here's the question to you today - what are your favorite funny TV shows/movies???

xoxo,
Annie

5 comments:

SR said...

HIMYM has gotten me through many a dreary day in stuck in bed!! as far as other favorite comedy shows currently on TV, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and 30 Rock! :)

(the list of favorite comedy shows no longer on the air might take me all day but ... I Love Lucy, Arrested Development, Scrubs, Growing Pains to name but a few...)

elisabeth said...

I loved Kick Ass! I've been trying to get all my friends to see it so they understand the film quips I keep spewing out! And laughing is always good- if I can ever find our box of movies I plan to watch some funny ones!

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for tragic drug and love stories, too. I've never seen Candy. I'm gonna have to rent it sometime!

I haven't seen anything new lately. Well, actually, I saw an episode of Ugly Americans for the first time and it was pretty funny. Other than that, I haven't really been watching anything. I've been too busy! I am going to watch a couple of episodes of Glee at some point; everyone keeps telling me how great it is and I've never seen it. I'm told it's on Hulu, so yay for that.

Sue Jackson said...

I like How I Met Your Mother, too, but this season, nothing beats Modern Family for belly laughs! Oh, my gosh, they are all hilarious - we laugh through the whole show.

I also really like Rules of Engagement. Patrick Warburton can say anything at all and I laugh - his delivery just cracks me up.

Laughs are good medicine!!

Sue

Offbeat Follies said...

My favorite funny - or dramady - TV shows are Frasier, Dead Like Me, Freaks & Geeks and Punky Brewster :P