Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fashion + Movies = Awesome

There isn't much I like more than a good fashion-heavy, historical biography movie.

Except for maybe getting rid of this 2-day migraine.

But that's besides the point.

I watched Coco avant Chanel:

and Factory Girl:


Both had glaring historical inaccuracies of course.  Beautiful films all the same??  Oh yes!  I got swept away into both worlds.  I will give you that Hayden Christensen makes for an unconvincing Bob Dylan.  Sadly I related more to Edie Sedgwick than I wanted to, but that's beside the point.

If you want some heartbreaking drama and beautiful backgrounds and like fashion history movies as much as I do - I highly recommend.

xoxo,
Annie

2 comments:

Angela said...

I want to see Coco Avant Chanel so bad! It looks so beautiful.

Robyn S. said...

I LOVED Factory Girl. Like you, I felt more sympathetic toward Edie than I expected... now every Halloween I want to go as her, but everyone always talks me out of it by claiming that no one would get it. Bummer.

I've been wanting to see Coco avant Chanel-- I love Audrey Tautou, not to mention Ms. Chanel. ;-)

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Annie; we should definitely talk again soon! I hope your migraine goes away soon... it's the worst when those just linger on and on. :(