Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009 Recap

  1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Met the love of my life, learned more about how to cope with my illnesses, developed a reasonably positive attitude, and started living in the moment. Yay!
  2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't have a documented version of my New Year's resolutions, but this year I do! I also have my 101 in 1001 which I will have to pull out tonight and try and start updating. I plan on keeping them all this year :).
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I think all the births were in 2008 and not 2009.
  4. Did anyone close to you die? I was spared in 2009 of such grief thankfully.
  5. What countries did you visit? Canada, as I was pretty stationary the whole year.
  6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Money to pay the bills, a kitty, and a better craft set-up would all be pretty awesome.
  7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Ha, this would require that I actually have a memory that extends beyond 10 minutes ago. Hrmmm...I had the best Valentine's Day of my life this year with Jon, so I'll have to go with that one.
  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Changing my outlook. It was so easy to fall into being bitter when dealt such a miserable hand of general health. By waking up and thinking of things I'm grateful for, I've managed to accomplish a great deal more.
  9. What was your biggest failure? I have managed to not obtain any of the excellent jobs I interviewed for as a result of not having enough work experience and only education.
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Every day, unfortunately.
  11. What was the best thing you bought? Umm...probably getting back into carrying Moleskine notebooks all the time. That and my Marc by Marc Jacobs purse which makes me smile every time I look at it.
    Tattoos, trip to Oz, 3 pairs of prescription glasses.
  12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Jonathan's - for being a never-ending source of support and fun and my family - for helping me out whenever I get stuck.
  13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? The general population of the world. Sometimes I wonder whether humans are naturally good or evil.
  14. Where did most of your money go? Food, rent, pills, and the car.
  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I went a little holiday crazy this year :)
  16. What song will always remind you of 2009? A whole lotta nada, as 2009 wasn't a big year on finding music that I love.
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    • Happier or sadder?
      Happier.
    • Thinner or fatter?
      Fatter.
    • Richer or poorer?
      Richer.
  18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing, reading, laughing.
  19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Working, crying, wasting time.
  20. How will you be spending Christmas? I spent it with my wonderful family spoiling Jon rotten, as it was his first Christmas and all <3.
  21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I sure did! I fell in love with the boy and I fell in love with life for the first time.
  22. What was your favourite TV programme? I haven't watched much TV this year due to not having cable. In terms of episode watching: Pushing Daisies.
  23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I'm more prone to dislike than hate.
  24. What was the best book you read? Oooo that's a toughy. I'm going to go with The Unbearable Lightness of Being.
  25. What was your greatest musical discovery? The new Florence and the Machine album makes my life dramatically better.
  26. What did you want and get? A new job, a great apartment, and a wonderful collection of books.
  27. What did you want and not get? The jobs I wanted, to be understood in the health care profession :(
  28. What was your favourite film of this year? I've got to go with Inglourious Basterds, Sherlock Holmes, and Avatar for the most fun I had at the theatres.
  29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 23 and celebrated at the Gahan House with many wonderful friends.
  30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being healthy?
  31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Dresses. Dresses. And more dresses.
  32. What kept you sane? Jon. If I was kept sane at all.
  33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Robert Downey Jr. for the win.
  34. What political issue stirred you the most? The general inability of society to accept gay marriage.
  35. Who did you miss? Laura, she's too much fun not to have in Charlottetown!
  36. Who was the best new person you met? I didn't meet anyone shockingly new in 2009 - just kept up the older friendships.
  37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. To not stick my hand in a garbage bag full of broken glass like I did 30 minutes ago. Talk about a sore, bloody hand.
  38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
    “If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it”


No comments: