A) It is puffing me up like a balloon right now.
B) It makes me want to stick a pin in myself in hopes of deflation.
C) None of my pants fit.
I started birth control pills not that long ago (in the hopes they can help regulate some of the terrifying woman hormones I have going on here) and, like so many do while on birth control, I have seen rapid weight gain ALL around my abdomen. My fingers and ankles puff up a bit too much to my dismay.
According to the website How Stuff Works (don't listen directly to me or these people, we are not doctors)...these are the 8 tips for lessening water retention.
- Avoid salt. Seems easy enough...I can probably do this one.
- Eat bananas. Didn't see that one coming. Hrmmm can do a grocery store stop later in the day.
- Ice packs. I feel like it would be both cold and weird to go all day with ice packs strapped to my midsection.
- Consume natural diuretics (cabbage and cranberry juice). I am going to be ALL over the latter but I can skip on the cabbage.
- Eat Yogurt. Well I can get on this right now...wooo.
- Drink Water. I can do this, but it will have good old added Crystal Light aspartame in it.
- Take Your Vitamins. Can accomplish this one too!
- Toss Out Tight Clothing. Well this is obviously not going to happen as I'm not magically rich.
I have fears of ending up the girl who wears sweatpants in public.
Anyone have any better ideas?