Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pop Culture Wednesday

As I'm slowly dying of heat, I spend most of my time trapped in my bed with an air conditioner and some movies!

Green Zone:


















I can't say I was extremely pleased with this film.  It was an important tale of political whistle-blowing about the Iraq War, but contains nothing special.  The whole process felt devoid of any real emotion, minus a solid performance from Matt Damon.  I wanted more, but still a 7 out of 10.

Pulp Fiction:


















Everyone knows this film is amazing.  I don't need to write much about it, but I am rarely ever disappointed by anything Quentin Tarantino ever puts out (Death Proof maybe...).  Witty, violent, and completely entertaining -10 out of 10!

Clash of the Titans:

















Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.  Could not even pay attention to the entire thing.  Not my cup of tea.

Repo Men:


















Crazy, futuristic, thrill ride.  I won't spoil the ending for anyone, but I vaguely saw it coming.  Still highly entertaining, but I will admit - it was almost too graphic and upsetting at points for me.  I liked the idea of being able to have an almost entirely artificial body though (I wonder why?! haha...).  I'm giving it a 7 out of 10.

What have you been watching, listening to, or passing your time with this week??  I always love a good suggestion!

xoxo,
Annie

5 comments:

VeeVee "Vicki" B. said...

you are so right about pulp fiction. i need to get dvd as i think this movie is brilliant...

jess said...

I totally agree with you on everything you've just said!

Have you seen the movie Penelope!? It's so adorable and such a pick me up for me. I think I might need to watch it again one of these rainy days.

Alex said...

I just watched 'Where The Wild Things Are' and it was briliant! The animals, scenery, and casting of Max, everything! I loved it.

Mum also rented 'Green Zone' for me, and I'm planning to watch it tonight. Matt Damon usually acts in really good films, so I'm looking forward to it!

Hope you're well. x

Toni said...

Hi Annie. I just read your last post too. How scary. I assume you came through without a concussion. Have they figured out why you fainted?

Movies are our friends when we're down and out. I know. It's what I've been doing the last few days as this book prep. has left me feeling pretty sick.

I just can't resist a comment on Pulp Fiction. What I love about the movie is that you can come in at any point, watch one scene, and it's like a one act play. Sometimes it's on TV as I'm flipping through the channels and I'm always happy to stop. My favorite extended scene is when Travolta takes Uma Thurman to the restaurant: their crazy dialogue, their dancing, and of course, the way he brings her back from the dead. What moviemaking!

I hope you're doing better.

Love,
Toni

Annie said...

Jess, I've totally seen Penelope and it's one of my favorite pick me ups too!!

Toni, I think we may have the exact same movie taste sometimes :)

I have survived my fall but still have a mind blowing headache and debating getting it checked out :S

Love to you all!