Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pop Culture Wednesday

I don't have a whole lot of energy to write this post, but I'm going to anyways. I want to keep my life as regular as possible, and I love this blog more than just about anything!  Thank you for all of your love and support yesterday, I'm feeling better about potentially someday having a normal life :).

I haven't watched much (or read, or moved, or anything...) lately, but here are some reviews of what actually went in my brain.

The Slammin' Salmon:


















This was one of the funniest movies I have ever watched in my entire life.  I did not expect anything of it going into it, but it kept me entertained the entire time (even if some of it is kind of horrible!!).  It a film that just one-ups each of its gags, but it is worth it for a laugh.  I need laughs right now.  I need to find myself a copy.

Match Point:


















Smart, clever, sexy...but not in my favorite Woody Allen movies.  It just doesn't have his humor, which is what I relate too most.  Still a fantastic watch, but certainly doesn't make you feel any better about life by the time you come to the ending.  Save this movie for when you are willing to ponder the way the world works, and not if you are depressed.

Charade:


















I put this on (one of my favorite movies of all time - dialogue wise!) and promptly fell asleep on the boyfriend. Either way, one of the most fun movies to use to steal your time!  It's always lovely :).

Inception:


















AMAZING. As close to perfect as perfect gets. Go. ASAP. All I need to say.

Fill me in on your pop culture recommendations!!

xoxo,
Annie

1 comment:

Alex said...

If you want laughs, watch anything with Matt Berry in it. The Mighty Boosh, The IT Crowd, Garth Merenghi's Darkplace (be sure to download the bonus content). From there, span out to other actors from those shows. Julien Barrett, Noel Fielding, Richard Ayoade, etc. Also try Green Wing.