I do every summer (it's kind of my thing...).
As a result, I am always on the lookout for ways to cool down. Here is what I've come up with so far:
- Cool showers - wet hair always briefly makes things better.
- Air conditioning (although I only have a small one for the bedroom because they are so expensive!)
- Fans (but sometimes I find air blowing on me painful...)
- Facecloths wrapped around your neck.
- Drinking ice cold beverages!
- Wearing sundresses. All of the time.
- Spending time in shopping centers (for those minutes to hours that I can stand up for...)
- Nap (when I nap my temperature goes down, oddly enough - even without the air conditioner!)
- Spritz water on yourself with a spray bottle!
- If you have a basement - be in it!
- Eat cold food so you don't have to use your stove and oven.
- Do not drink alcohol, as it can cause flushing and hot flashes!
(Images from WeHeartIt and Jon's phone)
What am I missing? Are there other great tips for cooling down from my temperature-sensitive friends??