The migraines are back with a vengeance. I have a pulsating vice grip on my head from the time I go to sleep to the time I get up again in the morning. It never really goes away, no matter what I take for it anymore. Maybe it's time to bump up the Gabapentin. Either way, it is making for a cranky ALL the time girl, because I am so nauseous and my eyes are burning.
I don't think the boyfriend is so excited about this. Alas, I have never figured out quite what is causing them. My current work hours are killing both of us, as he has a tendency to wait up to see me when I get home in the middle of the night, only for us to both get up at 8 a.m.
WAYS I TREAT MY MIGRAINES:
(I am not a doctor, so don't take any of this to be what you should naturally do haha...)
- Pills. First and foremost, I take Gabapentin for Fibromyalgia but as a side effect it seemed to clear up my daily migraines...this has since seemed to level off much to my dismay. Otherwise, Tylenol Extra Strength with Caffeine is really the only other medication that can seem to make a dent in them. Advil Liquigels are often recommended to me, but I don't find they help much.
- Ice packs/cold facecloths/warm facecloths. Do I think these do anything but distract me from the pain somewhat? No. But distraction is much appreciated in these circumstances.
- Lowering the lights/noise. This will make it less like I want to spaz out and hurt everything around me, but when I'm at work and whatnot, it's sadly not an option.
- Crack open a diet coke or have a coffee. Seriously...caffeine is where it is at for treatment options. However, don't let this become a habit and end up having caffeine withdrawal headaches.
- Gravol or a stronger antiemetic (in my case) can help relieve some of the nausea, as nothing is going to be made to feel any better until you can keep some food down.
- When all this is said and done, or if it becomes a common state of life, I just try to keep my obligations to a minimum and set myself up in a comfortable place and surround myself with things that make me feel better in general. Plus, I try to constantly remind myself that there are people much worse off so I should be thankful for my life.
Anyone have any other advice? It would be much appreciated.