Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Joys of Writing

So...

I cut off all of my hair.  And by all, I mean a solid 99%.  I lost a whole pound of hair.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I mean, it's quick, easy, and definitely makes a bigger statement than the long hair.  I'm so used to being able to hide behind my long hair that it feels like I've been thrust out into the spotlight.  I took pictures, but alas, I was wearing no makeup and am not quite ready to show that image of health to the blogging world.
I'll tackle that task tomorrow.

The more time I spend being off and tired, the more I think about working on my writing and potentially doing some volunteering writing for health associations in the area.  It's one of the few things I can manage to make myself passionate about, and God knows that's important in ever getting the desire to work to continue.

Here is how I imagine it going:


A writer-related joke:

hahahahaha

Entirely how my brain (and others') works when trying to come up with brilliant ideas:


How cool I hope to look when I sit around writing and drinking tea:

And a great illustration of the random insides of one's brain:

Images from WeHeartIt.

Also, I am posting this far too early in the morning.  Not because it is some cool thing to do, but because my cycle of sleeping has switched from the ol' 20 out of every 24 hours to about 3 out of 24 hours.  Fun.

xoxo,
Annie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Annie. I'm half asleep and going to get blood taken for doctor. Ugh. They never get me on the first stick.
Hope you get a nap today...we need pics of the new hair!
Maureen

Assiya said...

I too get very excited when you post! It's a weird feeling when you cut off all your hair, isn't it? I hope you end up liking it. Let me know how the writing and volunteer goes? Also, the cartoons and pictures are great :)

Annie said...

Ugh Maureen, I know the feeling...they never get me on the first stick with blood work either!

I have a picture going up of the back of my hair tomorrow, and then I will work on letting the front side of it be shown. I'm in a better mood about it today though.

Thanks Assiya! It is so weird, I feel like a 12 year old boy.

Lori P said...

Love the cartoons! I can so relate. :)
Hope your sleep pattern straightens itself out soon.
have a great week.

elisabeth said...

I am an enormous fan of short hair (much easier to take care of and style), having had long myself at one time. Are you donating your old hair? I regretted getting mine off in inches, but I was a big coward and wasn't able to do it all at once like you did.

So sorry to hear about the sleep-pattern shift; that's always a rough transition and I hope it doesn't last long!

By the way, I strongly recommend asking for baby needles when you have blood drawn- it takes a bit longer, but I had a terrible time with my veins collapsing with regular needles and had truly horrible bruising. Drinking extra water and using the baby needles makes it much less traumatic, even if they don't get the vein on the first try.

Annie said...

Thanks Lori, you too!!

Elisabeth,
I wish I was donating my old hair...unfortunately, I wasn't expecting to cut it all off so it didn't come off in one big chunk. I just kept telling her to cut and cut and cut until I felt differently about it.

I am a huge fan of baby needles when the time comes for blood though. I'm also sure I'll figure out my sleep shift but likely through the use of meds :(. Blah.