Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Taking a Chance, Making a Change...


Things were getting a little out of hand mentally and physically, so I have decided to work with the meds that I have available to try and start some kind of better treatment plan - as getting in contact with a doctor is not an easy-to-happen situation.

I started taking the Seroquel again last night.  It's not a drug I like, it's not a drug I wish upon anyone else.  Alas...I can't figure out what else to do.

I slept for a full 12 hours, managed to get to the couch (as somehow in that sleeping I have managed to pinch a nerve in the side of my lower back!), watched a movie, and then went back to sleep for 3 hours - but then got out and saw friends for a couple hours! (there was a lot of hobbling and cursing involved).

For the amount of time I've been awake, I feel somewhat better in the body.  My pulse has slowed down, my nausea went down (but so did my appetite), and I am less uncomfortable.  Brain-wise however, I am a moderate pile of mush.  I find it hard to care about this blog, about getting myself to eat, about showering, about anything...

I'm sure I'll figure something out.


Image from WeHeartIt.

Friends with Money was the movie I watched.  I give it a solid 7 out of 10 for its ability to smack me upside the head with the realization that we are all fighting a battle: whether it against health, stupidity/ignorance, sexuality, or odd personal quirks.

I need to be reminded often and  Jennifer Aniston and Catherine Keener really light up the screen.

Anyone have any cheery stories about switching their med cycles by themselves?

xoxo,
Annie

2 comments:

Kathianne said...

Annie, I'm so happy that you found your way to my site! I really like the artwork (I will be grateful for this day) you have in this post. Where did that come from?

Annie said...

Hi Kathianne!

Thanks so much! The image is from WeHeartIt which is sort of an image compiler. Sometimes I forget to cite them so thanks for reminding me!