Monday, February 8, 2010

Things That Bug Me Mondays

I am feeling particularly rant-filled these days.

So, without further ado...things that are bugging me at the start of this week:


  • The fact that I gave myself a bit of a burn by falling asleep bare-skinned on my heating pad on the highest setting.
  • I feel like I have to censor myself on this blog for fear of future-employment opportunities.  I mean...I'm far too honest for my own good as it is, but I always fear there will be backlash to talk about any controversy surrounded topics.
  • The old self-instigated go-getting/perfectionist side feeling utterly useless with the fact that I spend like 20 hours a day laying down.
  • The WeHeartIt website and it's propensity to be overwhelmed with the amount of visitors and crashing.
  • Knowing that Diet Coke is absolutely horrible for me, and trying to balance it with the fact that it is one of the few things that settles my stomach.
  • The fact that I don't have a magical thing that will make me nutritious, easy-to-digest food while I hurt too bad to be interested or move (thank god for reasonably healthy take-out and applesauce on those few times I get an appetite!).
  • That I need to work on my self-esteem being as I am having paranoia of looking like a teenage boy with this haircut haha (hence you only being allowed to see the back of my head...)
Okay that's enough negativity for the week!  Anyone else have anything they want to get off their chests??

xoxo,
Annie

8 comments:

Assiya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Assiya said...

Can I rant too?
*I am running a discussion tonight about feminism and disability, using some parts I selected from "The Rejected Body," and I know that some of the people whom I live with are going to offend me. And it might hurt for awhile. And I'm going to beat myself up about it.
*Speaking of which, I have to talk to my best friend about something she said that hurt, even though I don't think she meant it to...
Sorry, that was long...

Assiya said...

Also, I like your hair :) And your tattoo! Can I ask what it says?

Annie said...

Aww Assiya, I totally know what you mean by people hurting your feelings and not even meaning to. I get that EVERY SINGLE DAY. I'm probably just too sensitive. Who knows?

Also, thanks about the hair...the tattoo says No Lies, Just Love and a music note. It's the bright eyes song and picked me up in a hard time :)

elisabeth said...

Ooh! I may be biased but I love your cut and colour! Which reminds me that I promised to post a picture of my hair and haven't yet...

Leslie said...

I also love your hair! I'm excited to see the cut - I don't think you've ever had it this short. From what I see, it looks supercute.

Robyn S. said...

Oh, I love that you can see your tattoo with this cut! The color's great too-- can't wait to see it from the front :)

Annie said...

Thanks Leslie and Robyn!

I'm getting more used to it. Slowly but surely. As soon as I get enough energy to put makeup on my face again I'll show the front off :)